Monday, November 17, 2014

Home For The Holidays

Cue the music - "Oh there's no place like home for the holiday's..." (and the somewhat ironic mention of Pennsylvania in the first few chords?)

If there's one thing I know, it is that I am beyond lucky to have the family I do. We're unbelievably close; so much so that I can't fathom to be without them, particularly during this time of the year. I'm not sure who I think I am that I have 2 flights to the States booked in the next 3 weeks, but I am beyond lucky to be able to do so. I can't wait to see my parents, my sisters, my cousins, my friends - everyone! To eat a proper Thanksgiving meal?! My stomach is growling already... Blessed is an understatement.

As most of you know, I've lived away from home for the majority of the past 6 years of my life, with a brief moment in 2011-2012 back in PA, but it truly goes without saying that there is NO place like Home for Holiday's. I'm not sure if the Atlantic Ocean, maybe a new country or whatever, has anything to do with it, but this year I was extremely upset thinking about the possibility of not coming home. However, as of this morning, I am spending BOTH Thanksgiving and Christmas with my loved ones - pinch me!

I know it has been a few weeks since my last update, but LSAT prep and my program in general have been quite consuming. In what free time I have I've been out trying to explore the lovely city of London. I'm sure Thanksgiving will warrant a new, more exciting post, but until then stay tuned! Here are a few pictures from the past few weeks:


The Blues Cafe in East London

Malakeh and I Before The Blues Cafe

 City View From Hoxton Overground

Horton Overground Station Entrance
 My beautiful mother sent a care package with my favorite wants and needs. She is an absolute angel!

Hip Hop Karaoke at The Social; Favorite Night thus Far!

 Oxford Circus Underground Platform

Oxford Circus - Regent Street Ready for Christmas!



I almost thanked you for teaching me something about survival back there, but then I remembered that the ocean never handed me the gift of swimming. I gave it to myself.

No comments: