Sunday, October 26, 2014

Glencoe - "The Valley of Weeping"

Edinburgh, Scotland is unbelievable, particularly the architecture and history of the area; there are castles everywhere! I can't say that Scotland was high on my list of places to visit in Europe, but I am so grateful I did. 

Thursday Evening, after a long 9hr bus ride, we finally made it to Edinburgh! Navigating the city was a task as we tried to locate our hostel, but after a few wrong turns we soon became settled. I was a tad nervous being it was my first experience in a hostel, but it wasn't bad at all! Across the street from our hostel was a quaint Scottish Pub, Ghillie Dhu, where we had wine and some delicious Fish & Chips! Live Music is quite the popular thing in Edinburgh, or at least I assume it is, because we saw a local band play both Thursday and Friday night. The band at Ghillie Dhu was a cover band; not exactly what I expected in a Scottish Pub, but lovely none the less. 

Friday Morning we embarked on a guided tour of the Scottish Highlands, particularly that of Glencoe and Loch Ness. I learned quite a bit from our driver Patrick - I swear every area of the Scottish Highlands starts with Loch, Strat, or Glen. The tour lasted about 10 hours with a few stops along the way. The longest stop was in Loch Ness - Home of Nessie the Loch Ness Monster! We were able to take a boat out onto the loch and that was by far my favorite experience in Scotland. We returned after the tour and went to another Scottish Pub, Ensign Ewart, and had a few drinks and listened to good old Scottish Jigs played by a few locals. 

All in all it was a great and beautiful experience, one I won't soon forget! I decided to head out earlier than my friends and left Saturday morning to head back to London; I had a few assignments that needed done, I assumed London would be a circus on Sunday for the NFL game in town, and I didn't want to miss the Chelsea/Man U Match. 

I was attempting to multi-task by working on my assignment and Live Streaming the Match (Go Chelsea!), but due to the intensity the match took precedence; a draw is better than a loss? However before I put all of my attention into my assignment,  I wanted to share with you an update of my experience in lovely Scotland. I depart on my next journey Friday Morning and I beyond excited - Stay Tuned! xx


Somewhere in Berwick-Upon-Tweed, England Along The Drive

 Our Hostel/Scottish Pounds; Although they look different, they are still the same as English Pounds.

Music and Wine at Ghillie Duh

A Local Edinburgh Cathedral

The Tour Bus We Took to The Highlands

 First Stop In The Beautiful Scottish Highlands

 Glencoe - The Valley of Weeping.


Loch Ness

One of the Tour Boats on Loch Ness



I Couldn't Help Myself...

Local Scottish Band Playing A Few Jigs at The Ensign Ewart!




I take pleasure in my transformations. I look quiet and consistent, but few know how many women there are in me.

No comments: